How to: AeroPress
Time: 5 Minutes
The portable and lightweight AeroPress brews a cup of coffee wherever you are. It gives a rich a rich flavor without bitterness and no grounds left in your cup. It is a perfect solution for camping and traveling.
What you need
- Aero Press brewer
- Aero Press Filter
- 15 grams or about 2 1/2 Tablespoons Coffee
- Hot Water about 205 degrees
- Aero Press paddle or spoon
- Boil water to around 200 F
- Insert AeroPress filter into the basket and preheat the filter and brewer. This should get rid of any paper flavor from the filter. Feel free to add some hot water to your mug as well to preheat it
- Measure and grind 15 grams or 2 1/2 tablespoons of coffee. The grind needs to be fine for AeroPress, like table salt
- Empty the water from your mug and assemble your Aero Press. Make sure it's as dry as possible because any leftover water can reduce the quality of the coffee
- Add your ground coffee. You can use a funnel if you need to
- Start adding your water. You want to saturate all the coffee very quickly
- Stir the wet coffee and then place the plunger on the brew chamber
- After about a minute stir the wet coffee again and add some more water if needed. The goal is to insure even saturation
- Place the plunger back on the chamber and press down slowly. Stop when you hear a hissing sound.
- Clean up and enjoy your coffee!